«Transport of the Urals» is a scientific and technical journal that is published by the Ural State University of Railway Transport (USURT).
The journal is included to the List of reviewed scientific publications in which main scientific results of PhD and DSc theses must be published.
Papers on the following scientific specialties are published in the journal “Transport of the Urals”:
- 2.9.1. Transport and logistic systems of the country, its regions and cities, organization of production on transport (engineering sciences);
- 2.9.2. Railway track, survey and railway design (engineering sciences);
- 2.9.3. Railway rolling stock, hauling operation and electrification (engineering sciences);
- 2.9.4. Control of transportation processes (engineering sciences);
- 2.9.5. Operation of road transport (engineering sciences);
- 2.9.9. Logistics and transportation systems (engineering sciences).
Main headings of the journal:
- GENERAL TRANSPORT PROBLEMS
- RAILWAY CARS AND CARRIAGE EQUIPMENT
- CARGO AND PASSENGER TRANSPORTATION
- AUTOMATION, TELEMECHANICS AND COMMUNICATION
- ROLLING STOCK AND TRACTION
- RAILWAY CONSTRUCTION AND RAILWAY TRACK
- MOTOR TRANSPORT
- TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS PROCESSES
- ELECTRIC TRACTION
- ELECTRIC SUPPLY
- RESEARCH OF YOUNG SCIENTISTS
The journal is characterized by informational transparency (identical versions of the journal “Transport of the Urals” are spread via internet and can be found via the link http://www.usurt.ru/transporturala, a full-text version is also placed in the Russian Science Citation Index: www.elibrary.ru) and strict periodicity (4 issues a year). For the expert assessment of papers obligatory review is provided.