|About review process|
|Conditions of publication|
|Assistance for authors|
of the Ural State
About review progress
of scientific articles review in the journal «Herald of USURT»
1. Scientific articles received by Editorial Board of the journal «Herald of USURT» have to be reviewed.
In the journal «Herald of USURT» there is a four-level system of articles review:
1st level – main editor peer review;
2nd level – open peer review (the author and reviewer know each other) – the review is submitted to the Editorial Board by the author;
3rd level – single-blind review (the reviewer knows about the author, the author doesn’t);
4th level – double-blind review (both the reviewer and the author don’t know each other).
2. An article is accepted only if it corresponds to the requirements of authors’ original articles (papers) located on the journal site http://www.vestnik.usurt.ru.
3. Papers are sent to the editorial office as typed documents (in folders) and on electronic carrier or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
– information about the author (authors) (appendix 1);
– one carefully checked and signed by the author (authors) variant of an article (appendix 2);
– UDC, surname, title of an article, annotation, key words –all in Russian and English languages (appendix 3);
– license contract (appendix 4);
Article text should be open.
4. An article is registered in the logbook with the indication of delivery date, title, author’s (authors) surname, place of work. An article has ISSN.
5. Each scientific article must have reviews of:
- open: 1st level – main editor review, 2nd level – peer review – review of the specialist of the corresponding scientific field (DSc or PhD);
- closed (blind): 3rd level – main editor review or review of Editorial Board member; 4th level – according to Editorial Board decision and external only.
For publication of articles of postgraduates, PhD students it is necessary to provide a recommendation of proper department.
6. A reviewer must consider this article during two weeks from delivery date and send to editorial office (by e-mail and by post) consent to reviewing or motivated refusal.
Reviewing period in each separate case is defined in accordance with the requirements of the quickest article publication.
Editorial Board recommends to use standard form while reviewing (appendix 5).
A reviewer can recommend an article for publication, recommend for publication after updating with the regard to remarks, and not recommend an article for publication. If a reviewer recommends an article for publication after updating with the regard to remarks or not recommend an article for publication –there should be indicated reasons for such decision in a review.
7. Editorial Board while estimating the reviews pays attention to scientific relevance of research problem in the text. A review should characterize theoretical and applied research relevance, correlate author’s conclusions with the existing scientific conceptions. An essential element of a review is reviewer’s estimation of author’s personal contribution to research problem solution. It is necessary to mention in a review correspondence of style, logic and accessibility of scientific text, and also draw the conclusions about results authenticity and validity.
8. After reviews receipt there are considered received articles and is made the final decision on the base of reviews estimation about article publication or article publication rejection.
On the base of made decision an author (authors) receives by e-mail or by post a letter in which there is given general estimation of an article and taken decision. In case of publication rejection reviewers are left anonymous.
9. Editorial Board can send articles to additional external reviewing. Editor-in-chief sends to a reviewer a letter with the request for reviewing. Article and recommended form of a review are attached to a letter.
10. Positive reviews are not the sufficient reasons for article publication. Final decision about publication is taken by editorial board.
11. Reviews’ originals are kept in the editorial office of «Herald of USURT».